Since 1972, the Sitka Summer Music Festival has been Alaska’s premiere classical music festival, presenting exquisite music in the pristine setting of Southeast Alaska. The finest musicians from around the world gather in this rarefied paradise for four weeks of events that will challenge and excite your senses.
The 2018 Festival will run June 5 – July 1. Here is our guest artist lineup:
June 12-17 | Trio Jinx (Ledah Finck, violin/viola/composition; Yoshiaki Horiguchi, double bass; Louna Dekker-Vargas, flutes); Cecily Ward, violin; Tom Stone, violin/viola; Andrew Smith, cello; Zuill Bailey, cello; Alfredo Oyaguez, piano; Natasha Paremski, piano
Our weekly template looks like this:
- Tuesdays at 5:30pm | Week in Preview – a discussion about the upcoming week’s programs with music educator Susan Reed
- Wednesdays at 6:30pm | Cafe Concert – an informal performance in one of Sitka’s restaurants
- Thursdays at 12:15pm | Bach’s Lunch – free one-hour concert (no Bach’s Lunch on June 28)
- Fridays & Saturdays evenings at 7:30 | Evening Concerts – formal evening concert at Harrigan Centennial Hall. Join us at 6:45 for a pre-concert lecture and interview with the artists. **Note: During the last week of the Festival, Evening Concerts will be held on Thurs-Fri (June 28-29) instead of Fri-Sat.
- Sundays | Special Events (dates subject to change):
- June 10 – Family Concert
- June 17 – Crab Feed
- June 24 – Boat Cruise
- July 1 – Concert Brunch
Are you wanting to learn more about visiting Sitka?