Keep the music flowing
Chamber music is a unique, intimate collaboration between musicians and the audience, and you are a vital part of the ensemble. Your generous support makes it possible for the Festival to connect Alaskans across the state with great artists and amazing music.
The “Donate” button to the right will take you directly to our secure on-line donation processor.
The Sitka Summer Music Festival is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit arts organization, and all contributions are fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our federal tax ID # is 92-0075160.
Ways to Give
The “Donate” button to the right will take you directly to our secure on-line donation processor. Other options include:
- By Mail: send a check made out to Sitka Summer Music Festival (or SSMF) to PO Box 3333; Sitka AK 99835
- By Phone: 907-747-6774
- Make a gift of stock (details below)
- Make a legacy gift through your will or estate plan to the Sitka Summer Music Festival Foundation. Call our office to find out more: 907-747-6774.
- Increase your monetary gift even more! Ask your employer if they have a matching gift program, and – if they do – submit your donation to SSMF for their match. Be sure to let us know and you will be recognized at the level of your combined personal and matching gifts.
Other ways you can contribute:
- Donate Alaska Airlines miles or companion fares to help with our travel needs.
- Volunteer to help with concerts or events
- Assist with artist hospitality through the donation of restaurant gift certificates, or by providing snacks and supplies for backstage
- Talk with your employer about purchasing a program ad or being a concert sponsor.
How to Make a Gift of Stock
In many cases, making your gift using stock or other appreciated assets offers benefits beyond a simple tax deduction for your gift. It can help you make a larger gift than you normally could, and it also may help you avoid capital gains taxes.
STEP 1 Call our office at (907) 747-6774 or send an email to notify us that you intend to give a gift of stock. This ensures that we know which stock gift is yours and timely processing of your gift.
STEP 2 Call your broker and ask for a DTC (Depository Trust Company) donation to Sitka Summer Music Festival’s preferred brokerage firm. Your gift should be transferred directly to:
DTC 0221 at UBS Financial Services account #PWA0830-81 for the benefit of Sitka Summer Music Festival.
The Swett Group at UBS Financial Services may be reached at 1-800-225-2385.
Note: The Sitka Summer Music Festival always sells your stock gift immediately to preserve the full value of your gift. The value of the gift for your tax purposes will be the mean value times the number of shares, not the trade price. We recommend that you consult with your financial adviser when considering a gift of stock.