Week One Program highlights: Granados Piano Quintet, Turina Piano Quartet, Chopin Nocturne #20 and Polonaise Brilliante for Cello and Piano
June 12-17 | Trio Jinx (Ledah Finck, violin/viola/composition; Yoshiaki Horiguchi, double bass; Louna Dekker-Vargas, flutes); Cecily Ward, violin; Tom Stone, violin/viola; Andrew Smith, cello; Zuill Bailey, cello; Alfredo Oyaguez, piano; Natasha Paremski, piano
Week Two Program Highlights: Schubert “Trout” Piano Quintet, Spanish works for cello and piano, Schulhoff Concertino for Flute, Viola, and Bass
Week Three Program Highlights: Bach Well Tempered Klavier Book 1, Part 1; Arriaga String Quartet; Brahms Piano Quintet; Tchaikovsky “Souvenir d’ Florence”
Week Four Program Highlights: Schoenberg Verklarte Nacht; Schumann Piano Quintet; Mozart Viola Quintet; Bach Well Tempered Klavier, Book 1 Part 2
Our weekly template looks like this:
- Tuesdays at 5:45 pm | Week in Preview – a discussion about the upcoming week’s programs with music educator Susan Reed at Stevenson Hall.
- Wednesdays at 6:30pm | Cafe Concert – an informal performance in the lower level of the Mean Queen.
- Thursdays at 12:15pm | Bach’s Lunch – free one-hour concert (no Bach’s Lunch on June 28) at the Odess Theater.
- Fridays & Saturdays* evenings at 7:30 | Evening Concerts – formal evening concert at Harrigan Centennial Hall. Join us at 6:45 for a pre-concert lecture and interview with the artists.
- There is one exception: during the last week of the Festival, the Evening Concerts will be Thursday & Friday, June 28 & 29, with no concert on Saturday, July 1.
- Sundays | Special Events:
- June 10 – BP Family Concert and Sea Mart Ice Cream Social at the Sheet’ka Kwaan Naa Kahidi
- June 17 – Crab Feed at Crescent Harbor Shelter
- June 24 – Allen Marine Boat Cruise – departs from the Crescent Harbor Lightering Dock
- July 1 – Concert Brunch hosted at a local private home.