Since 1972, the Sitka Summer Music Festival has been Alaska’s premiere classical music festival, presenting exquisite music in the pristine setting of Southeast Alaska. The finest musicians from around the world gather in this rarefied paradise for four weeks of events that will challenge and excite your senses.
The 2018 Festival will run June 5 – July 1. Stay tuned for more information on our guest artist lineup!
Our weekly template looks like this:
- Tuesdays at 5:30pm | Week in Preview – a discussion about the upcoming week’s programs with music educator Susan Reed
- Wednesdays at 6:30pm | Cafe Concert – an informal performance in one of Sitka’s restaurants
- Thursdays at 12:15pm | Bach’s Lunch – free one-hour concert (no Bach’s Lunch on June 29)
- Fridays & Saturdays evenings at 7:30 | Evening Concerts – formal evening concert at Harrigan Centennial Hall. Join us at 6:45 for a pre-concert lecture and interview with the artists.
- Sundays | Special Events (dates subject to change):
- June 10 – Family Concert
- June 17 – Crab Feed
- June 24 – Boat Cruise
- July 1 – Concert Brunch
2017 Festival Highlights
Are you wanting to learn more about visiting Sitka?